With the Rio Olympics in full effect and Brazil being the 3rd largest consumer of beer in the world, what are we going to do, sit back and watch it sober? Não não não. So we devised our own game to keep your mind more limber than Simone Biles while you ask yourself, “handball is a sport?… an Olympic sport?…”
Before we embark on the imbibe-a-thon, you’ll need an appropriately awesome elixir to get your drank on. Enter the Caipirinha: the national cocktail of Brazil, made with Cachaça, a Brazilian Rum.
To make Caipirinha:
You will need: shredded coconut, 1 lime(quartered), 1 teaspoon of fine sugar, 2 oz of Cachaça, and ice cubes.
First, muddle the lime quarters, sugar and coconut until the limes have released their juices.
Add the Cachaça, shake, and pour over a few ice cubes.
Take a sip when:
1. Someone in the room asks for clarification about rules regarding the sport
2. You see an Olympian cry. Double sip if they are tears of joy.
3. The camera zooms in on an athlete’s family
4. An athlete takes a selfie.
5. There is a slow camera pan over a Brazilian landmark.
6. The Russian National Team Doping scandal is mentioned.
7. You think to yourself “psh, I could probably do that.”
8. You realize that you haven’t been to the gym in 2 months and definitely couldn’t “do that.”
9. For every piece of corporate branding you see (Probably best to take small sips for this one)
Take a chug when:
1. An American wins the gold medal.
2. Someone sets a new world record.
3. The announcer mentions how old the athlete is and you think back to what you had accomplished by that age.
4. Someone mentions Zika.
5. Every time they mention how polluted the bodies of water in Rio are.
6. A U-S-A chant starts. Double Chug if you’re the one who started a U-S-A chant
Sit back and leisurely enjoy your drink every time:
1. The announcer doesn’t mention how corrupt the Olympic Committee is.