Here are some California Cowboy-worthy tips to help you get the most out of your Abbot Kinney Festival experience:
1. Have A Plan
With over 300 stalls selling everything from tattoo lubricant to a Cointreau Crème Brûlée donut, you’ll want to have a strategy in place to navigate the bedlam on the day. We’ve hand-picked some of our fave vendors to give you a head-start.
- Kill Sauce – Hot sauce to melt even the hardest hearts (and guts). Flavor everything.
- Mis Nopales Art – Freddie Mercury as a calavera sticker? Freakin’ brilliant. Collect ’em all.
- Piemer – Sinuous metal jewelry by Venezuelan-born, LA-based Pierina Merino. The perfect accent piece for your La Sirena kimono.
- Original Good Goods – Sun’s out, buns out… time to butter up, buttercup. And the best way to do it is with organic skincare made from essential oils with the added benefits of organic olive oil. Smells great too.
- Wolf Pup Session IPA by Golden Road Brewing – Because you’ve gotta fill that beer pocket with something good. Think of it as a refreshing can of excellent hoppiness—Californian joy-juice that pairs well with a glorious day at the beach.
- Blue Star Donuts – Because donuts. And if you needed any more convincing, these rounds of glazed goodness which hail from Portland, OR each take about 18 hours to make, from starter dough all the way to final, finished donut decadence.
- OG Tattoo Remedies – 100% natural ingredients to speed up recovery time and nourish your skin, so your tattoos (and you) can look their best.
- Catty Wagon – A cat-mobile for homeless kitties to find a loving new family. Because after surreptitiously clicking on your 1000th cat video (what is it about cat videos?), here’s a chance at the real deal.
- California Cowboy – Come say ‘Howdy!’ and try on one of our signature High Water shirts for yourself. A long-awaited innovation on the classic Aloha-shirt, the specially-designed High Water comes with an in-built, fluffy-bunny soft towel and its own beer pocket (along with an exclusive California Cowboy beer koozie to keep you chillin’). A hidden dry-pocket for your tech means you’ll be hands-free to handle all the fun that you’re gonna be having. Proudly designed and made in California.
To ensure maximum fun on the 24th September 2017, tattoo this vital information onto your left forearm.
California Cowboy at the Abbot Kinney Festival 2017
Booth #169-171 on Westminster Avenue
Slip us cash or card. We ain’t fussed.
Help Is Here
Some tips that you wish your mother told you before you left the house but she didn’t because you are a grown man/woman and should have known better.
1. Bring a bottle—of water. With a high of 83 degrees on Sunday, you’re going to need to hydrate. Or go straight to point (2).
2. Entrance to the Festival is free but take our advice and get the Fast Pass. Not only do you get to skip the queues at all three Beer Garden entrances, you’ll get the first drink free and ticket proceeds go to a good cause. Cheers!
3. Wear sunblock. A hangover is bad enough, avoid the lobster tan.
4. Bring enough cash. Think of the amount you want to spend and then add another 50%. You might need spare cash for a drink (or three), a plate of eggplant miso aioli or to pay for that insanely soft Wagyu Fleece that you tried on and now refuse to take off (it’s that awesome, be warned).
5. Watch out for your stuff. There are crowds and happy jostling and you have your hands full with two chilli dogs and a bag of homemade salted caramel gluten-free popcorn. Something’s gonna give. (Hint: another reason why a shirt with its own beer pocket is essential).
6. Have some fun. It’s going to be a great day out and the best part is that it’s all for a good cause. so, go on, have that extra donut.
Look out for California Cowboy’s very own custom-kit D90 Defender, which will be parked at our booth #169-171 on Westminster Avenue. Want more? Follow us on Instagram @cacowboyapparel for the latest news on how to #gofunyourself